Microgreens are the smallest and youngest greens of various plants. They can be anywhere from 1 to 3 inches in size and have both cotyledon and one pair of fully developed true leaves. The sprouts are made from these seeds. The process is actually very simple and straightforward, which is why beginner sprouters will opt for a bag of seeds like this.
For the best results, pick the seedlings just above the soil line. They can be eaten raw or cooked. They can be easily added to salads and sandwiches.
Microgreens should be consumed within a few days. Once taken from their growing environment, they begin to elongate and lose flavor. They can even go bad. The fastest way to preserve your harvest is to keep them in plastic bags or between paper towels. Microgreens can be kept in the refrigerator for up to three weeks after they are harvested. You can always wash the tray and add more microgreens to it.
Once you've chosen this sprouting seed mix, it's time to start planting. Todd's Seeds are especially easy to grow indoors, and you can plant them directly in a tray indoors. Before placing the seeds, make sure you smoothen the soil. If you're using microgreens for salads, you'll need a shallow container, water, and a growing medium. Microgreens are very easy to grow.Type a description for this product here...
- BROUGHT TO YOU BY USA based growers who have been growing for generations. We offer full customer support & we'll do whatever we can to make sure you’re growing your best ever! We're always here to help.
- THIS SPECIAL BEGINNERS MIX is designed for growing MICROGREENS (planting in a tray with growing medium). This mix is not designed for sprouting jars or countertop sprouters.
- THE FINEST SEEDS IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE with the highest germination rates.
- THIS MICROGREEN MIX CONTAINS broccoli seeds (popular for the highest level of sulforaphane), radish seeds, purple kohlrabi seeds, collard seeds & turnip seeds. Tastes great and makes folks FEEL GREAT! If your Doctor told you to start sprouting for what ails you, these are the seeds he was talking about! Whether you order a pound or an ounce, you receive equal amounts of each seed in this mix.
- A COOL LOOKING & DELICIOUS microgreen salad mix containing ALL heirloom and non-GMO microgreen seeds. One Pound package of bulk seeds in a resealable package.